Our contact details.
Sovereign Secure Limited
79 Market Street,
Bolton. BL4 7NS
+44 (0) 161 523 5276
The type of personal information we collect.
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details).
- We may also collect other information as part of the services we deliver. This will be specifically covered under contracts and proposals with our clients.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Information about you that you provide directly to us by filling in your details on our contact us form.
- Information that we need in order to deliver services that you have ask us deliver.
- Contact details to provide you with marketing, information about our activities and services.
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
How we us your information
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Ensure that the content in our websites is presented in the most effective manner.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and Sovereign Secure Limited.
- Provide you with information or services that you request from Sovereign Secure Limited or which we feel may interest you, where we are legally entitled to do so.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
We may share this information with:
- Technology providers, as part the service we provide you, Sovereign Secure Limited may disclose personal data as necessary.
- Credit Card Brands, as part the service we provide you, Sovereign Secure Limited may disclose personal data as necessary.
- Legal and Regularity Bodies, where we are under obligation to disclose your personal Data.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for holding your information are:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us via email: email@example.com
- We have a contractual obligation. In doing business with us we will need to hold personal data to fulfil our contractual obligations and will keep you updated on our services.
- We have a legitimate interest. Where you have contacted us or given us your information in order to receive information, feedback or perform some tasks for you (i.e., made an enquiry or raised a complaint). This need to process your personal information for our legitimate interests will only be valid where our legitimate interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We will store information about you in our data systems only for as long as we need it and only for the purpose for which we collected it, which is as follows:
- If you have used our services, we will retain and process information about you. Should you wish for us to delete your data, you have the option to ask us to do so. We will either stop sending your emails, or delete your data as requested.
- We will hold details for a primary contact for any ongoing services or contracts for as long as there is a legitimate interest for us to do so.
- Personal data gathered as part of the delivery of professional or managed services about you, or employees or customers will be maintained for at least the minimum documented period as defined by regulation and/or legislation.
- Data gathered by consent will be held until that consent is removed or revoked.
- Personal data linked to the processing of insurance claims, subject access requests, disputes, disciplinary or police matters will only be kept for as long as it necessary for those purposes, as each is applicable.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
We may update this policy from time to time as shown below. We will notify you of the changes where required by applicable law to do so.
Last modified on 23 August 2023.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk